Thursday, July 14, 2011

Obsessing About My Teeth

This morning I woke up and when I looked in the mirror I totally freaked. My two front teeth looked miles apart. When Janya got up I started in right away.
B - "Look at my teeth! They've grown apart!"
J - "They look the same as they always have."
B - "No. They are farther apart."
J - "Do you think they did that overnight?"
B - "Look, I can even whistle through them!"
J - "You're imagining things."
Blah, blah, blah.
I look at my teeth every day when I brush them. When did this happen? Now I don't want to open my mouth when I smile. I hope this doesn't continue, but it probably will, just like the "My chest feels grainy" discussion that we have at least once a week, sometimes more. At night, when I'm reading or playing a game on the computer in bed, I run my hand over my upper chest and it feels like there is sand on my skin.
B - "My chest feels grainy."
J - "It's not."
B - "Feel it. It's grainy."
J - "No, it's not!"
I think this may have started when I got back from the beach one day. I am not sure where the teeth thoughts came from other than I am planning on a trip to the dentist as soon as my insurance kicks in. I wonder if it includes bonding. Hmmm.

Peace,
~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment