Friday, December 3, 2010


It's 6:33 a.m. (does anyone else announce times by the minute?), and I would much rather be back wrapped in my new, warm comforter. For the second day in a row, I have to go in early. Bah!
And no nap or workout tonight, either. We are having a Toys for Tots party and there is still so much to do. I find myself looking forward to the party being over instead of it beginning. Then I can change my endless questions to past tense: Was the food okay? Did I cook enough? Did my guests have fun? Why did they leave so early? Did the apartment look okay? Was the temperature okay? Why was so-and-so so quiet? Do I have to clean all this up now?
And then afterwards, I usually analyze all the conversations I heard during the evening: I can't believe she said that. That was an interesting comment she made. Did you hear _____? Blah, blah, blah.
So why do I put myself through all this? Because parties around here are few and far between. I think the last get together we had may have even been last Christmas. So I will rock on through today and tomorrow. I'm actually so swamped at work right now that it's getting easy to push the questions to the back of my brain at times. But give me a minute's peace and quiet, and the record repeats itself. Bathroom breaks are the worst!
Hoping you all have a wonderful weekend!
Peace,
~b~

1 comment:

  1. I find myself in the same situation. Sometimes I replay conversations in my mind, hoping "I didn't say anything wrong." I might even refresh pages online for the same reason... I have to CHECK.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete