Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thankful Thursday


I notice that some of my followers do "Thankful Thursdays", so I will give it a whirl. I could list all of the usual things most people say they're thankful for, i.e. family, friends, life, etc., but I am going to list some little things that make my day.
1) Parking Garages - I move from one parking garage (condo) to another (work) without getting wet! I love this! Living in Houston, we can go from completely dry streets to a flash flood in a matter of 30 minutes.
2) Our church - This one is not so superficial. Never, ever, anywhere in my life have I felt so loved and so accepted by a group of people.
3) Sonic Drive-Ins - I am addicted to Route 44 Diet Coke with regular cherry syrup. It can literally make or break my day if I don't get one. Unfortunately, we no longer live near a Sonic, so Whataburger is attempting to supplement, but they don't have flavorings!
4) A person who recognizes my voice on the phone without me saying my name. I love this! It makes me feel important and special, although I guess I could also take it as I am a pest and keep calling the person over and over again!
5) Slotted spoons. What a great invention! That's all I have to say about that.
6) Post-It flags in various colors. They make organizing my novel so much easier!
7) Days when the boss leaves early. No explanation necessary.
8) Site Meter - lets me know that more people are coming to my blog than I originally thought. Gives me self-confidence to keep trying to blog!
Peace,
~b~

2 comments:

  1. I am right in line with you on #4 and #7. Also the days when my boss is on vacation. They're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...Sonic! I used to have two of them within five miles of where I lived...perhaps one of the few downsides of having moved...no more Sonic. Their food is a rare treat these days!

    ReplyDelete