Friday, September 3, 2010

Yuck!


Why don't people pick up after their animals??? We have doggie bags and disposal stations not five feet away from the grass!!
Yesterday I picked up my friend's dog from the hospital. I took him to the designated dog relief area in front of our condo. He wouldn't go, but I guess - well, I KNOW I stepped in dog poop in my dress shoes while hoping he would do his thing. Didn't realize it until much later when I was driving in the car to meet Janya for happy hour, burning up in the Texas heat with the windows down. By then I had already walked into the condo, across the tile, into our bedroom, and kicked my poopy shoes way into the closet.
When it was time to leave for happy hour I put the shoes back on. Thinking back on it, I did get a whiff of something unpleasant, but I was in such a hurry, I didn't think about it until I was gagging in the car all the way down Richmond Avenue.
When I got to Pappasito's, I scraped and scraped my shoes on the curb, in the grass, but to no avail. I couldn't get it all off. I just prayed no one at the table would notice. Most of it was off, though.
When I got home, I left the shoes outside the door. I'm sure our apartment manager isn't too thrilled about that. Anyway, after showering this morning and wearing different clothes and shoes today, of course, I can still smell it at work. I have checked about 20 to 30 times today and there is absolutely nothing on these shoes, of course. It is driving me crazy and making me feel extremely self-conscious today because I think everyone thinks I smell like dog poop.
I hope that none of you were reading this vent post during lunch and that you all have a terrific Labor Day weekend!
Peace,
~b~

1 comment:

  1. This post was actually really helpful for me! It gives me an idea of how someone else handles such a situation. I probably would have given up, thrown the shoes out, and immediately showered right then and there, but I am glad to know that other people don't deem such measures as necessary, because really, I don't want to feel the need to do all that, but I would. I wouldn't be so worried about smelling like dog poo...but I would be freaking out about what to do about my floors. I'm certainly not suggesting that you need to do anything, but I would have myself in a fit wondering what the "correct" way to handle the situation would be and would then feel the need to out do whatever I came up with "just in case" I underestimated what needed to be done to take care of the situation. I found that you did not do such things very refreshing and comforting!!

    As far as worrying about the smell, if you think this is an OCD issue, the best thing would probably be to sit with the discomfort of not knowing whether the smell is still there and whether other people can smell it, too, and might be passing judgment However, if this is not an OCD thing, that's still frustrating. But I am sure the smell will go away soon!

    ReplyDelete